Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Rihanna and Chris Brown Grateful For "Fresh Start," Gonna "Do This Right," Singer Says

Rihanna in Elle UK
Rihanna and Chris Brown are going to make it work.
The singer seems very confident of this fact in her new Elle UK cover story, telling the magazine that her new single is symbolic of their relationship.
"'Stay' is a story about having love that close and wanting it to last forever," says Rihanna, who performed it live at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
"You don't have that feeling with everybody. You don't want to let go of it. I would definitely say that [Brown] is the one I have that kind of relationship with."
Their level of devotion? Pretty high at this point.
Rihanna and Chris Brown celebrated her 25th birthday in Hawaii last month, and she accompanied him and his mother to court a few weeks ago.
They've also been remarkably open and candid about the controversial romance. Even Chris has said how deeply he regrets attacking her in 2009.
He also said he's been forgiven by her (but had to work hard for it), that they're happy, and that Rihanna is the most beautiful girl in the world.
In Elle UK, she's almost as gushing in return.
It's "a great friendship that's unbreakable" she says of her man. "Now that we're adults, we can do this right. We got a fresh start, and I'm thankful for that."
Rihanna also predicts to Elle that she "will have a kid" five years from now, though first she wouldn't mind a good month of vacation before that.
"And [five years from now] I'll have set some things up so I don't have to tour the rest of my life, even though I love touring. I want health and happiness."
"I want to be healthy and happy in five years."
Seems like she's on the right track right now.
Rihanna Gun Tattoo Photo
"Stay" may be a symbol of enduring love, but there are other symbols that have gotten her into hot water of late. Namely her controversial gun tattoo.
Rihanna describes it as empowering.
"Everybody wanted to know what was happening in my life. Is she a drug addict? No. Is she an alcoholic? No. Is she a victim? No," Rihanna reflects.
"That's why I got the gun. A symbol of strength. I'll never be a victim."
And, while her mom recently "went crazy" on her in response to a couple of Rihanna nude photos online, she just can't help herself on Instagram.
That too, she says, is empowering.
"I Instagram everything about my life, whether it's smoking pot, in a strip club, reading a Bible verse - crazy, I know! - or hanging out with my best friend, who happens to be Chris."
"That's why I'm posting pictures of myself smoking pot, to tell the truth about myself ... I've got so much to think about, why bring all this extra s**t by being dishonest?"

No comments:

Post a Comment